18.7.13

BIMI & ME.



Ever heard about bimi? It looks like broccoli with a long stem and the taste is more intense. Lovely. It's good to experiment sometimes, so don't be afraid of things you never ate before. I decided that from now on I only want to eat healthy, no more gluten (or at least, much less), it has to be dairy free and it must contain a lot of vegetables. I can not say I'm 100% vegan. Not yet. But I believe in the fact that you become older more fast if you eat a lot of sugar, gluten and dairy. Compare it with a Mini where you put diesel fuel in, instead of regular fuel. It's like a Ferrari now. Wow! The Mini goes super hard and you think it's amazing. It's not. I want to look fresh and healthy when I turn thirty; I don't what to be a wolf in sheep's clothing. But who doesn't?;) Sorry, I digress... Here it is. For the recipe I got inspired by Plenty, this awesome cookbook from Yotam Ottolenghi.

For 4 persons
BIMI SALAD.
250 g of Bimi
200 g of sugar snaps
1 clove

SAUCE.
50 g tahin paste
2 tbsp of mirin
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
Squeeze of lime, until it has the right thickness

RICE SALAD.
2 cups of red rice
1 big sweet potato in cubes
1 chopped red union
1 small bunch of mint, chopped
Juice of one lime

Combine 3 cups of water with 2 cups of rice. Bring to a boil of high heat, cover, reduce and simmer for like 30 minutes. 
Add potato cubes after 20 minutes. 
Stir fry the union and garlic in coconut oil. Mix it with the lime juice, chopped mint, rice and potatoes. 
Trim off the leaves of the Bimi stem before cooking. 
Cook Bimi and sugar snaps really tender. They need to be crispy. Stir fry a garlic glove. Add it to the veggies. Combine all the sauce ingredients, stirring well and mix it with Bimi, sugar snaps and garlic. Bon app! 







No comments:

Post a Comment